August 5, 2011, the SAWS issued an order no 41, announcing that the revised edition of the Measures for the administration of hazardous chemicals safe production permit (SAWS Order 41 of 2011) was adopted in the ministerial office meeting and would take force as of 1 December 2011.
The revised Measures were enacted based on Decree 591 and other related rules and regulations to set a definite standard for the safe production of hazardous chemical producers and manufacturers. The legislation applies to the administration for the application and issuance of the safe production permit of hazardous chemicals (hereinafter as HC SP Permit).
The hazardous chemical manufacturers and producers (hereinafter as HC manufacturers) stated in the SAWS Order 41 refer to companies involved with the production of a final product or semi-finished product that is included in the Chinese C&L Inventory (Catalogue of Hazardous Chemicals 2002) in China, provided that the company has obtained the official approval to engage in the production, such as the business license granted by SACI or other SACI certified documents.
In December 2011, the SAWS released 9 HC SP Permit – related application documents for public consultation; in April 2012 the final version of all 10 application documents were published by the agency and have been put into practical use since 10 April 2012. Nine application documents are directly related to HC manufacturers in the application of a HC SP Permit. They are:
1) HC SP Permit application form
2) HC SP Permit inspection/review form
3) HC SP Permit renewal application form
4) HC SP Permit alteration application form
5) Informing letter of application documents supplementation
6) Acceptance notice of application processing
7) Informing letter of on-site inspection (new)
8) Rejection notice of application processing
9) Rejection notice of permit issuance